Installing the GNU ARM Toolchain
※ Only the 4.9.2 and 4.9.3 versions are currently supported and tested.
- Get the built-in binaries and libraries (
gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q3-20150921-linux.tar) from https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.9/4.9-2015-q3-update.
- Untar the
gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q3-20150921-linux.tarfile and export the path:
※ The above command is an example only - do not copy-paste it directly. If you have multiple toolchains, place the new path in front of
In Ubuntu 13.10 and higher, if you cannot execute 32-bit packages, use the following command:
sudo apt-get install -y lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0
Getting Source Codes from Git
Run the following commands:
$ git clone ssh://<Your ID>@review.tizen.org:29418/rtos/tinyara
$ cd tinyara
$ cd "$TINYARA_BASEDIR"
TINYARA_BASEDIR environment variable is meant for reference and is used later.
※ To get the source codes from GitHub, use the following command instead of
git clone ssh://...:
$ git clone https://github.com/Samsung/TinyAra.git
Building Tizen RT
- Configure the build from the
$ ./configure.sh <board>/<configuration_set>
For list of supported boards and configuration sets, see Appendix A.
The command copies the configuration set for the particular board into the
$TINYARA_BASEDIR/osdirectory. The configuration can be modified through the
make menuconfigcommand from the
- Initiate the build from the
The built binaries are located in the
- Tizen RT currently supports 1 board, called sidk_s5jt200 (Samsung IoT Development Kit for S5JT200 chipset).
- This board is not yet available in public markets. sidk_s5jt200 and other boards for Tizen RT will be coming soon.
- There are 3 configuration sets for sidk_s5jt200:
tcfor running unit test cases
kernel_samplefor running kernel functions
hello_with_tashfor running a hello example
- You can modify the configuration by using the
menuconfigtool on the
osfolder, but all configuration combinations are not fully tested yet.
- The IPv4 network stack based on LWIP is included, but Wi-Fi-related code, such as wpa_supplicant, is not included.
- Wi-Fi will be added in 2017.